Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm not worthy - Stylish Blogger Award - but they are

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Design Chic for passing along the Stylish Blogger Award to Helen Young at Whitehaven who passed it on to me.


But I am so bad at this blog award thing. Nearly all men are bad at this, even truly stylish men. As for me I may have had a bona fide stylish thought - for about 57 seconds - in the early 80's - but it's never been verified. I have no mysteries, no depth, no surprises.

I will mention this one: Atlanta artist/designer: Armas Design. She has quite an eye. She's from a neighborhood near mine, south of Buckhead (SoB).

I enjoy the blogs though, blogs that help me see things and meet people, blogs about people and places I can meet and visit in person. More things like this please at Fat Matts. James, Claire, Blayne, Holly, Helen.
P1010023-2010-03-01-Atl-Blogger-BBQ-Fat-Matts-Holly-Helen-Terry-James-Claire-Blayne-Holly-Helen-Terry

More like these please, out and about, noses not in magazines. Blayne, Niki, Cristi.
P1040408-2010-10-07-Beacham-Series-Launch-Bloggers-Blayne-Nikki-TK-Cristi

At Glenwood Park. Angela and Emmie.
P1020698-2010-06-22-Glenwood-Park-Emmie-Terry-Angela-Detail

Ally
P1020693-2010-06-22-Glenwood-Park-Bruce-Domenick-Emmie-Angela-Ally

At Castleberry Hill, loved ones.
P1030340-2010-08-13-Castleberry-Stroll-Artist-Trifecta-Dali-Moustache-TK-DK-KK

At Hankook. Claire, Helen, Capella, Jane.
P1020241-2010-05-25-Blogger-Lunch-Hankook-Atlanta-Watkins-Young-Kearns-Kincheloe-Reynolds

Erika, Claire, Capella. (Sorry about the eye closed thing Capella, but check out my hair that day!)
P1040856-2010-10-27-Kravet-Soc-Media-ADAC-Erika-Claire-Terry-Capella

Some of the Great Atlanta Bloggers don't like their picture take: BLUE!!

Special thanks to Helen. On Mondays she announces her the Whitehaven House of the Week and I do a drive-by.

And thanks to Helen who invited me to her (aunt) Helen Durant's studio. And for a blog post, I won Helen's wonderful goat, now residing a corner of honor in the jungle office.
P1050021-2010-11-10-Helen-Durant-Goat--Corrina-Sephora-Mensoff-Earrings

Thanks.

10 comments:

  1. Terry, a well-deserved award!

    You're right about me not liking to be photographed and because you did not show my picture you get the Kind and Generous Blogger Award from me. Actually, not only for your forbearance - and I pay you this tribute - because kindness and generosity are marked traits in all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks so much for the shout out Terry! You deserve any blogging award you receive - you're a pro ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above, I don't know anyone more deserving of all the awards out there than you! (How did you manage to sneak that photo of me in there??) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do deserve the award! Your blog was one of the first I started reading and I am still hooked. And you have a great eye. Your photography leads us all over Atlanta to visit architecturally interesting places. You will love House of the Week tomorrow.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. FROM THE RIGHT BANK, only 4 of us know which one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming post! I am a new reader and reasonably new to the Atlanta area. Your posts inspire me to find out more about my adopted home!

    You completely deserve this award! Enjoy it!

    Lori
    Lori May Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry, you always strike me as being the hub of the wheel that is the Atlanta design and architecture blog scene!

    You are also very good at keeping secrets, which to me is an admirable trait for a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TTI - Probably my bad memory or nobody tells me secrets. I can't recall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some great photos. Many of these persons are blog friends of mine.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive