Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Crystal Palace Costco at Town Brookhaven

Town Brookhaven is a-building. It's a new urban, mixed use development on Peachtree Road by Sembler between the Brookhaven MARTA station and Oglethorpe University. It's in a wide open, level stretch of road, past the bustle of Buckhead and before the strip centers of Doraville.

They are building a most beautiful Costco there.


I'm guessing that all of structure will show. I hope so. I've never seen so much white steel.
P1030488-2010-08-19-Costco-Town-Brookhaven-Truss-Triangle-Abstract

It's big and sits in a typical big box parking lot. I hope the setting will improve as Town Brookhaven builds out.

The roof curves from end to end. It's light and full of air yet solidly on the ground.
P1030486-2010-08-19-Costco-Town-Brookhaven-Big-Sky

I am not a natural shopper but if you can get me in the door, I'll just be happy admiring the filigree of the roof trusses.
P1030475-2010-08-19-Costco-Town-Brookhaven-detail

The straightforward shapes of the loading dock makes the steel dance even more.
P1030484-2010-08-19-Costco-Town-Brookhaven-Busy-Loading-Dock-Walls

The beauty of this building is clear from early on. The builders enjoy it every day. That's rare. Many structures look terrible until the last details are complete.
P1030482-2010-08-19-Costco-Town-Brookhaven-Busy

Why install the light fixtures so early? Not a problem with me, they have a nice look.
P1030476-2010-08-19-Costco-Town-Brookhaven

Find out more about the original Crystal Palace.

2 comments:

  1. All the white steel is beautiful... but I wonder why the hung the lights already?? Doesn't that seem a little silly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd doing the light now must save money/time. It's a good look though. You have to turn off Peachtree to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive