Thursday, July 22, 2010

1:45 slip though my fingers again and again

I'm always on the hunt for videos that combine art/design/architecture with music.

I hope Blue Remembered Hills and Dino Marcantonio, Architect don't mind me twisting their visual ideas into aural ones. Blue discusses Billy Baldwin: "The more one attempts to analyze it the further it seems to recede, as does a dream that fades more quickly the harder one tries to remember it." Mr. Marcontonio critiques modern architecture: "...that Beauty is an infinite mystery and that its presence in an object provides a bottomless fund of delight..."

Here is a 1:45 excerpt from New York Polophony a quartet of opera singers performing a 350 year old tune in The Church of the Ascension in the City of New York. I watch it in HD.



Here is a longer version at lower quality but you can see the carved and mosaic angels above the altar. The angels seem as ancient as the music.



I can't listen to these in the background.

1 comment:

Blog Archive